Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peach & Tomato Summer Salad


I never post. I am a bad blogger. I shouldn't even call myself a blogger.

I'll be better. I swear. There's been an infinite amount of adjusting to my new life in the midwest and my real day job. I'll get there. I will. Have faith.

In the meantime, this salad turned out too good not to share. It was kind of an accident. I was going to make a more traditional salad, but our lettuce was nasty, dead in the fridge nasty. So I started throwing fresh stuff together, and deliciousness was born. Is deliciousness a word? Oh well. Deal.

It tastes like summer. Literally, August. Peaches, sweet dark tomatoes, fresh whole milk cheese and creamy avocado with a splash of good balsamic. That's it, about 10 minutes and you have a delicious, sweet, decadent, and summery lunch...or side dish...or breakfast. Ya know how I roll.

Peach & Tomato Summer Salad

You'll Need...
2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cubed (I used amazing dark red almost purple tomatoes from Trader Joes)
1 medium avocado, cubed
1/4 cup of whole milk mozzarella, cubed
2 juicy peaches, cubed
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar

Toss all ingredients in a bowl. Done! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment